Anyone else encountering 701 PPT missing information

Ray Lugo

Apr 4, 2023
I am delivering a 701 course and I have noticed periodically the PPT Instructor slides are missing some content information when compared to the student guide.

I have included one example but there are others, lesson 10 is the one example I included where the PowerPoint ends with a Wi-Fi reference but the student guide ends lesson 10 with Bluetooth and NFC which are not shown in the PowerPoint. I don't recall this being an issue with 601 slides missing content shown in the student guide for the same lesson.

Attachments

• 701_lesason10_studentguide.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • 701_lesson_ppt.jpg
    701_lesson_ppt.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Ray Lugo

Apr 4, 2023
Several of the slide desks need some work. I have found instances of information being skipped, information being presented out of order, and proofreading errors that made it into the final copy.
Besides missing information, I also noticed the out-of-order issue and students following their student guide it gets challenging when the next slide doesn't match what is referenced in the guide they are following but comes up later in a different slide. I hope CompTIA receives feedback on these slide issues and revisions are done.

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
Cleveland, Ohio
I think the slides are based on exam objectives that are related and not the order of students and instructor guide.
I beg to differ. They follow exactly the same order of the student guide and instructor guides. Same pictures/figures and everything. Just lacking in what they are presenting.

They are a good starting point to add more to. I go through the instructor guide with the slides and add more information.

Ray Lugo

Apr 4, 2023
I beg to differ. They follow exactly the same order of the student guide and instructor guides. Same pictures/figures and everything. Just lacking in what they are presenting.

They are a good starting point to add more to. I go through the instructor guide with the slides and add more information.
Hello Abby N Krane,

I agree with your take as well, I posted my one example of lesson 10 the slides missed Bluetooth and NFC at the end of lesson 10 and there are many other lessons that way or information out of order. Having to revise the CompTIA slides myself to add missing information is not what I consider a resolution, the 601 PPT slides were very thorough and lined up with the guide very well I expected the same from the 701 update I hope compTIA comes up with a revision on the Instructor PPTs to correct the issues.

Last edited:

Hank Cox

Sep 12, 2023
Atlanta, Georgia, US
hsec.tech
I noticed inaccurate content from 601 that is unchanged in 701.

For example, Lesson 3 Slide 4 has an inaccurate definition of cryptography. I've had to tell hundreds of students why the official materials are wrong, and how to correct the information.

I want to use accurate, official, CompTIA Security+ materials. What are CompTIA's policies, standards, and procedures for inaccurate information in the 701 slides and student manuals?

I've been looking for the TTT for the Security+ 701. Does it exist?
The Security+ TTT was a few months ago.

Reactions: Bert313

Bert313

May 4, 2021
The Security+ TTT was a few months ago.

Thank you Gregory! Registered for both.