CA1-005: CompTIA SecurityX Certification Beta Exam

Jen Williams

Apr 13, 2023
I am scheduled to take CASP+ with a voucher I received from school. I decided to take the SecurityX Beta partially as a prep for CASP+ and also because I only need to pass one of them to get the certification. $50 for two chances seemed like a good deal. The first thing I noticed was that scheduling was so much easier. Even though there are a few testing centers around, none of them offer CASP+. I had to schedule it on a Sunday, a month out and an hour away. SecurityX was local and readily available, presumably becuase there are PBQs but no Sims. That information is available on the objectives. After completing it, I still had an hour left and aside from a few questions that I felt like were missing some information, I felt good about it overall. I can also get on board with the slightly more technical comparison to CISSP.

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    Soooo... I sat the new CompTIA SecurityX beta cert last night.

Okay, here are my thoughts:

1. 117 questions, with plenty of time.

2. I had 4 PBQs, but was not too sure what to do on one of them.

3. I felt the multiple-choice questions were fair, some with choose (2) answers. Not bad.

4. All questions, from what I remember, are application scenarios. That is expected at this level.

5. I was tired at the end of the exam and was ready for a cold beer!

6. Who knows if I passed! If not, I will try again. I currently have the 003 version of CASP+.

All-in-all, CompTIA did a great job on this exam. If you are pursuing cybersecurity, I encourage you to learn this material and test your knowledge. I feel this certification compliments CISSP and other related cybersecurity certifications.

Keep at it, folks! Don't give up!

abiodun1991

• Mar 17, 2022
    Nigeria
    minazconsult.org
    PearsonVue has the CA1-005: CompTIA SecurityX Certification Beta Exam listed under "Other exams." When I attempted to register for it, it stated "Scheduling for this exam will begin in the future." Apparently, registration doesn't start until May 17, 2024.

My current CASP+ doesn't expire until 2028 because I used my CISM to renew it, so I don't need it right away. Plus, I'm an Adjunct Instructor for CompTIA so I can get a free voucher when the exam goes live. I'm posting this so that others can take advantage of the beta exam.
    Please help us with the link

MBA

Jan 19, 2024
    Jul 31, 2024
    I thought the PBQs on the Cloud+ left a lot to be desired. Is it possible that CompTIA is having challenges developing these types of questions?

If the new SecurityX has removed the Linus commands and the VM PBQ, it sounds like a simpler exam than the previous version. Can you think of anything memorable that was added to it?
    Well, the NDA was signed before telling us—nothing about the exam, tips, questions, or answers can be shared with others. I think, especially for us, as instructors, we should not even ask.