CASP+ result 12-30-22 = PASS

I am so excited! What a great way to end the year.

Thank you, @Stephen Schneiter, @Jill Thielmann, and @comptia, for the TTT CASP+ voucher and study materials. Thank you, @Lee McWhorter, and all the others that shared their CASP+ escapades.

Due to other pressing matters this past year, I only was able to prepare for CASP+ for 1.5 months prior to sitting the exam while working 60-hour weeks at 2 jobs.

My pass score result was posted in PearsonVue in less than 25 minutes.

This is how I prepared:

1. Study and teach CompTIA Security+, Network+, CySA+ <!-- (PenTest+ in 2023) -->
2. Re-acquaint myself with my previous Linux and Web technology knowledge
3. Attend CASP+ TTT
4. CompTIA Learn and Labs
4. ITPro.tv CASP+ course (completed 60%)
5. KaplanLearn practice exam (completed 30%)
6. prayed some

As I always say, CIN has changed my life. This place is a gem.

Happy New Year, Everyone!

I look forward to knocking out Data+, PenTest+, and ITF+, plus the upcoming TTTs and the enhanced Data track. What a year 2022 was here at CIN. 2023 will be just as epic.

Hod

hosnypasha

Sep 9, 2020
I am so excited! What a great way to end the year.

Thank you, @Stephen Schneiter, @Jill Thielmann, and @comptia, for the TTT CASP+ voucher and study materials. Thank you, @Lee McWhorter, and all the others that shared their CASP+ escapades.

Due to other pressing matters this past year, I only was able to prepare for CASP+ for 1.5 months prior to sitting the exam while working 60-hour weeks at 2 jobs.

My pass score result was posted in PearsonVue in less than 25 minutes.

This is how I prepared:

1. Study and teach CompTIA Security+, Network+, CySA+ <!-- (PenTest+ in 2023) -->
2. Re-acquaint myself with my previous Linux and Web technology knowledge
3. Attend CASP+ TTT
4. CompTIA Learn and Labs
4. ITPro.tv CASP+ course (completed 60%)
5. KaplanLearn practice exam (completed 30%)
6. prayed some

As I always say, CIN has changed my life. This place is a gem.

Happy New Year, Everyone!

I look forward to knocking out Data+, PenTest+, and ITF+, plus the upcoming TTTs and the enhanced Data track. What a year 2022 was here at CIN. 2023 will be just as epic.

Hod
Congs. (y)

Congratulations!

Might I ask why you're interested in the ITF+ when you just passed CASP+?
Thank you again, Greg. I think the ITF+ is a wonderful cert. I would like to teach it. I like that it has some topics which I find important that A+ does not encompass. But, also, I need to catch up to people like you and Lee and others who have all of the CompTIA certs, haha. I have 3 more to go.

Thank you again, Greg. I think the ITF+ is a wonderful cert. I would like to teach it. I like that it has some topics which I find important that A+ does not encompass. But, also, I need to catch up to people like you and Lee and others who have all of the CompTIA certs, haha. I have 3 more to go.
I still need the Linux+ and CTT+. Or if I wait until the CTT+ is retired, I'll only need the Linux+.

By this time next year, CompTIA will probably have a couple of more new certifications so it will give me a new challenge.

Congratulations!

Might I ask why you're interested in the ITF+ when you just passed CASP+?
I took the ITF+ a couple years back, cold turkey. I thought it was a fun exam. Doing those lower level certs are never a bad idea, IMHO.

I had CASP a year ago and it has certainly been awesome and of course was not an easy cert. I just went back and got ITF+ because it was straight forward and because I will be teaching a curriculum that includes it. So, it’s easier just to have the cert than try to explain why all the other certs between ITF+ and CASP should really mean that I have that knowledge so I don’t need ITF+…

And I have always tried to follow the guidelines of ‘if I am going to ask someone else to do it, then I should have done it before.’ That seemed reasonable in this case.

It also gives me a student perspective on what the training material looks like.

Esther S. Stepansky

• Mar 14, 2020
    Same answer I would have given had it not happened to be the first TTT I was able to fully participate in. It's not a requirement for teaching it but I think it is helpful to have experienced any cert exam you are teaching, regardless of level.

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    That's a good topic to raise.

We can teach the CompTIA courses that we are certified in.
    That's pretty clear.

You are already certified at a master level.
    Can you teach ITF+ without the ITF+ cert?
    We know you can teach it, but technically you are right that you'll need the ITF+ cert first.

Interesting scenario.

In any case, you also got another motivation - that's catching all the CompTIA certs!
    Gotta catch them all! 😅

Reactions: Hod Berman
    How exactly does CompTIA enforce requiring instructors to have a certification before teaching one of their courses?

On a related note, how much do clients actually care?
    For Delivery Partners all instructors are required to provide proof of certifications they hold and subjects that they teach.

Reactions: Hod Berman
    For Delivery Partners all instructors are required to provide proof of certifications they hold and subjects that they teach.
    OK, but that still leaves all those non Delivery Partners. And what benefit does partnership really bring? I've worked for CompTIA partners, Microsoft partners, Cisco partners, ISACA partners, (ISC)2 partners, and I've also worked for unaffiliated training centers. My resume didn't change. The content I covered didn't change. The students for the partner organizations and the non-partner organizations got the same class from me. What is the benefit of being a partner?

I also teach ITIL, although scarcely any of the centers I taught for were partners because they viewed partnership as excessively expensive for the number of times they delivered the class.

Reactions: Jarrel
    That's a good topic to raise.

We can teach the CompTIA courses that we are certified in.
    That's pretty clear.

You are already certified at a master level.
    Can you teach ITF+ without the ITF+ cert?
    We know you can teach it, but technically you are right that you'll need the ITF+ cert first.

Interesting scenario.

In any case, you also got another motivation - that's catching all the CompTIA certs!
    Gotta catch them all! 😅
    :)(y)