CASP+ result 12-30-22 = PASS

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    OK, but that still leaves all those non Delivery Partners. And what benefit does partnership really bring? I've worked for CompTIA partners, Microsoft partners, Cisco partners, ISACA partners, (ISC)2 partners, and I've also worked for unaffiliated training centers. My resume didn't change. The content I covered didn't change. The students for the partner organizations and the non-partner organizations got the same class from me. What is the benefit of being a partner?

I also teach ITIL, although scarcely any of the centers I taught for were partners because they viewed partnership as excessively expensive for the number of times they delivered the class.
    The CompTIA partners get discount from CompTIA products (I think)
    They can likewise advertise that they are official delivery training centre.

There are local laws for those who would advertise falsely.

Meanwhile, the non-delivery partners will then just have to rely on using their own materials for course delivery.
    I don't think there'd be any control against them having non-certified trainers.
    Although I guess, the quality of training will then be different.

Reactions: Fanuel
    The CompTIA partners get discount from CompTIA products (I think)
    They can likewise advertise that they are official delivery training centre.

There are local laws for those who would advertise falsely.

Meanwhile, the non-delivery partners will then just have to rely on using their own materials for course delivery.
    I don't think there'd be any control against them having non-certified trainers.
    Although I guess, the quality of training will then be different.
    The discount is a legitimate benefit, but how much does the partner save vs the cost of becoming a partner?

I'm pretty sure that a large number of clients could not care less if a center was an official delivery training center or not. They just care if their students pass the certification exam.

There are tons of resources out there that are not official CompTIA curriculum, and much of it is quite good. The quality of the class would be based on the quality of the instructor, not the business partnership the center has with the vendor.

Reactions: Jarrel