CIN Instructor Toolbox Series: Virtual Teaching 2.0

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Hello Everyone! We are finally ramping up for our first webinar in 2023! Now that we are all adapting to teaching virtually, let’s look at ways to take your online teaching to the next level. Join us as we welcome back Rick Butler who will lead us through some tips, tricks, and tactics you can add to your instructor toolbox to enhance online teaching. Rick will talk about how he uses OBS Studio to enhance online learning, demonstrating how to set up your environment using OBSD tools. Rick will also discuss strategies to enhance student engagement.

Date: Thursday, March 2, 2023

Time: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm CST

Registration Here

08181 CIN Webinar Banner-990x200 - Toolbox series - SM.png

Hold up...I'm doing....WHAT??

J/K...

Hope to see a few of you there. If there are some things on this topic you'd like me to address, shoot a line over and I'll see if I can work them in.

I know there is something we all can contribute as instructors and I'm hoping to get some great ideas out there for us to munch on.

Cheers!

/r

hosnypasha

Sep 9, 2020
    Hello Everyone! We are finally ramping up for our first webinar in 2023! Now that we are all adapting to teaching virtually, let’s look at ways to take your online teaching to the next level. Join us as we welcome back Rick Butler who will lead us through some tips, tricks, and tactics you can add to your instructor toolbox to enhance online teaching. Rick will talk about how he uses OBS Studio to enhance online learning, demonstrating how to set up your environment using OBSD tools. Rick will also discuss strategies to enhance student engagement.

Registration Here

View attachment 1157
    I have just registered ,thanks a lot Stephen :giggle: (y)

Reactions: Mallia

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
    Cleveland, Ohio

Registration Here

View attachment 1157
    Super excited for this! I've dabbled with OBS but not enough for it to be useful for me. @Rick Butler will you cover using multiple camera inputs? Zoom freaks out if you try to use more than 1 camera, so I'm hoping OBS might be the answer to that. (example webcam on self and then a document camera showing items on a table).

Reactions: Jarrel
    Super excited for this! I've dabbled with OBS but not enough for it to be useful for me. @Rick Butler will you cover using multiple camera inputs? Zoom freaks out if you try to use more than 1 camera, so I'm hoping OBS might be the answer to that. (example webcam on self and then a document camera showing items on a table).
    Hey Abby: Yep! I'm going to cover multiple camera AND show you how to do multiple audio stuff using VB Cable. One of the scenarios I'm going to cover is the big room Teams townhall meeting, where you have students in the room, online, and you want to use multiple mics and inputs to create a hybrid environment.

As a matter of fact, I did the same thing you're describing during the WASTC training last year.

But I am also open to suggestions if folks have something they want to see in the Toolbox.

/r

Sivanesan

Jun 4, 2020
    Malaysia

Registration Here

View attachment 1157
    Registered