Cloud+ beta, february 2024

Teckkie2k

Jun 24, 2020
Atlanta, Ga.
I took the beta for Cloud+ this morning.

Overall, I'm more positive about it than I was for the CV1-003 beta. Generally, the questions were more diverse than last time and the amount of questions that made me go "ugh this is not how it works!" was limited.

I'm not a fan of the PBQs that I saw. Most of them didn't really have a relation to real-life work or situations.

Plus, I'll scream if I have to see one more bad stock photograph of a blue sky with white clouds. o_O
What study material did you use?

Jill West

• Sep 13, 2019
    Dalton, GA

Overall, I'm more positive about it than I was for the CV1-003 beta. Generally, the questions were more diverse than last time and the amount of questions that made me go "ugh this is not how it works!" was limited.

I'm not a fan of the PBQs that I saw. Most of them didn't really have a relation to real-life work or situations.

Plus, I'll scream if I have to see one more bad stock photograph of a blue sky with white clouds. o_O
    Very good to know! I'm taking it in a couple weeks. And yes, that thought "This is not how it works!" was common with the earlier exams. I'm curious to see how it compares with vendor cloud cert exams.

Reactions: Tess Sluijter

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    I am wondering, why i do no longer get this Email to he Beta from CompTIA.
    Maybe next week there is a slot to take the Beta....

I.
    You do not need an invite, nor an email.

Just login to your CompTIA account, go to "Schedule your exam" and search for "CV1-004" in the PearsonVue portal.

Reactions: Sivanesan

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
    Germany
    www.linkedin.com
    You do not need an invite, nor an email.

Just login to your CompTIA account, go to "Schedule your exam" and search for "CV1-004" in the PearsonVue portal.
    I know that. But some seem to that some recieve an : invite for the current Cloud+ beta? Mail. Which i did not...
    That is what worries me. I do not get all the Email with that information as others...
    Will sit in January for that Exam at some point.

michael

Reactions: Sivanesan

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    I know that. But some seem to that some recieve an : invite for the current Cloud+ beta? Mail. Which i did not...
    That is what worries me. I do not get all the Email with that information as others...
    That's why I've asked both Stephen (who hasn't responded) and Megan (via LinkedIn, who also hasn't responded).

"My" CompTIA rep suggested that maybe CIN are not invited by default because then they would guaranteed, always get at least 100-200 of the same people, from relatively same backgrounds.

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
    Germany
    www.linkedin.com
    I took the Beta yesterday... wow... strange.
    and imho some of the Question were as often not clearly writting, but some where quite inaquarate in the Writing or the Answers not really possible..
    Hope a ot of questions will not be part of the final Version. Even some PBQ are confusing (lets put it in that way).

I.

Jill West

• Sep 13, 2019
    Dalton, GA
    I took the Beta yesterday... wow... strange.
    and imho some of the Question were as often not clearly writting, but some where quite inaquarate in the Writing or the Answers not really possible..
    Hope a ot of questions will not be part of the final Version. Even some PBQ are confusing (lets put it in that way).

I.
    Yes, I concur. Took it today. That was a bizarre exam. Only one of the PBQs really seemed appropriate to the test (and I had 5 PBQs). Some of the questions seemed like they were also testing Net+ and Sec+ questions. Some other questions seemed like someone was looking at the objectives to write their questions but didn't really understand the concepts; they just used several items from the objectives as "wrong" answers when those options really weren't congruent with each other or they didn't make sense in the context provided by the question. Some questions started giving information in one direction, then asked about a completely different topic, or gave conflicting details for the scenario. Some questions didn't give nearly enough information to distinguish between the options. Some questions were basic definition level questions, while other questions stumped me even with all my AWS certs--way above the technical level of the bulk of the exam. I hope they're getting a lot of beta testers to provide stats on these questions, because a lot of those questions need major revisioning or should just be dumped from the testbank.

That said, I really like the new objectives. It's an excellent shift toward truly cloud technologies (not just virtualization tech), and now covers so many concepts that one really needs to understand in order to lay a solid, conceptual foundation on which to build cloud vendor certs and expertise. I hope they can fix the exam itself to better reflect the coverage indicated by those objectives.

Reactions: Tess Sluijter

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    Yes, I concur. Took it today. That was a bizarre exam.
    Excellent assessment Jill... Can't find anything to disagree with...

I've had this before with CompTIA exams: the objectives are great, but then the exam is very lacklustre because it seems like the SMEs for the questions just weren't actual SMEs. I had the same problem with version 003.

In its current state I would steer my students clear of Cloud+.

Reactions: Jill West

Jill West

• Sep 13, 2019
    Dalton, GA
    Excellent assessment Jill... Can't find anything to disagree with...

I've had this before with CompTIA exams: the objectives are great, but then the exam is very lacklustre because it seems like the SMEs for the questions just weren't actual SMEs. I had the same problem with version 003.

In its current state I would steer my students clear of Cloud+.
    I've always passed the few betas I've taken, so I wonder how much the exam changes when it goes to the final version. Do they fix most of these problems, or do the problems typically persist? I'm honestly kind of hoping I failed this beta so I can take the real exam when it comes out.

Jill West

• Sep 13, 2019
    Dalton, GA
    Does anyone have a copy of the new Cloud+ exam objectives? I'd like to have a copy to glance over before I take the beta exam.
    In case it's helpful going forward, here's the link for objectives under development:

I took the Cloud+ beta on Monday. I had 119 questions with three PBQs. I agree that the PBQs were......well, let's just say I wouldn't use any of them when the exam goes live. I also found questions that had rather egregious grammatical errors, and I commented on them. I could really tell this was a beta exam because there were a lot of questions that needed to be tossed out. I will agree that the questions were more diverse than the previous exam version. If you are planning on taking the beta, make sure you know the topics in the new DevOps Fundamentals domain, which was not part of the previous exam.