CompTIA Certifications Level

For which country?

I had a look at the Australian Framework some time ago. What I found was that there was no definitive level that says Security+ is Level x or something, since, with the Australian Framework, the objectives in the framework didn't line very well to the CompTIA objectives, and vice-versa.

An example of this is when CompTIA exams implement their troubleshooting model into multiple exams, While the ITF+ is the lowest on the ladder, as opposed to say, Cloud+ or Linux+, the CompTIA Troubleshooting model is built in both.

So the only way to really get an accurate answer to this is to break out all the objectives (some 25-30 per CompTIA+ exam) and map them over to the closest objective on the Qualification Framework. This is a very laborious task, particularly when comparing to a few hundred objectives in a national framework.

And then, add the complexity that it would only apply to one country, because another country's framework will be different.

/r

Reactions: Mandeep Singh

Mandeep Singh

Aug 11, 2019
Fiji
For which country?

I had a look at the Australian Framework some time ago. What I found was that there was no definitive level that says Security+ is Level x or something, since, with the Australian Framework, the objectives in the framework didn't line very well to the CompTIA objectives, and vice-versa.

An example of this is when CompTIA exams implement their troubleshooting model into multiple exams, While the ITF+ is the lowest on the ladder, as opposed to say, Cloud+ or Linux+, the CompTIA Troubleshooting model is built in both.

So the only way to really get an accurate answer to this is to break out all the objectives (some 25-30 per CompTIA+ exam) and map them over to the closest objective on the Qualification Framework. This is a very laborious task, particularly when comparing to a few hundred objectives in a national framework.

And then, add the complexity that it would only apply to one country, because another country's framework will be different.

/r
thanks rick for your feedback ... by the way i'm from Fiji ... :cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: Rick Butler

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know at which level (1 - 10) the following certs align to in National Qualification Framework?
    1. ITF+
    2. Security+
    3. Linux+
    4. Cloud+
    5. Project+
    6. CySA+

Hi Mandeep,

You may refer to the IT certification roadmap for guidance on the level of each cert.
    In the roadmap, the certs are presented in the following levels: beginner/novice - intermediate - advanced - expert.

There's also a thread re: "Your certification roadmap". It might be good to join the discussion.(y)
    https://cin.comptia.org/threads/your-certification-roadmap.549/#post-2899

On the other hand, while I am aware of the Fiji's qualification framework as it is similar to Australia, I am however, not familiar how the CompTIA certs are mapped in Fiji's setting. Having said, the rough mapping in Australian setting would be as follows:
    1. ITF+ - level 1/2 (this is offered even in HighSchool)
    2. Security+ - level 4/5 (covered in Cert IV - Diploma in Cyber)
    3. Linux+ - level 4/5 (covered in Cert IV - Diploma in IT and Cyber)
    4. Cloud+ - level 4/5 (covered in Cert IV - Diploma in IT and Cyber)
    5. Project+ - level 4/5 (covered in Diploma in IT and in cert IV management)
    6. CySA+ - level 4/5 (covered in Cert IV - Diploma in Cyber)
    p.s. the above info is just a *rough* mapping. To give an idea, Security+/ Linux+/ CySA+ are covered even up to Master of Cyber (level 9) ; Project+ and Cloud+ are also covered in Advanced Diploma and Bachelor degrees (level 6 / 7).

I hope this helps!

Last edited:

Mandeep Singh

Aug 11, 2019
    Fiji
    Hi Mandeep,

You may refer to the IT certification roadmap for guidance on the level of each cert.
    In the roadmap, the certs are presented in the following levels: beginner/novice - intermediate - advanced - expert.

There's also a thread re: "Your certification roadmap". It might be good to join the discussion.(y)
    https://cin.comptia.org/threads/your-certification-roadmap.549/#post-2899

On the other hand, while I am aware of the Fiji's qualification framework as it is similar to Australia, I am however, not familiar how the CompTIA certs are mapped in Fiji's setting. Having said, the rough mapping in Australian setting would be as follows:
    1. ITF+ - level 1/2 (this is offered even in HighSchool)
    2. Security+ - level 4/5 (covered in Cert IV - Diploma in Cyber)
    3. Linux+ - level 4/5 (covered in Cert IV - Diploma in IT and Cyber)
    4. Cloud+ - level 4/5 (covered in Cert IV - Diploma in IT and Cyber)
    5. Project+ - level 4/5 (covered in Diploma in IT and in cert IV management)
    6. CySA+ - level 4/5 (covered in Cert IV - Diploma in Cyber)
    p.s. the above info is just a *rough* mapping. To give an idea, Security+/ Linux+/ CySA+ are covered even up to Master of Cyber (level 9) ; Project+ and Cloud+ are also covered in Advanced Diploma and Bachelor degrees (level 6 / 7).

I hope this helps!
    Thanks Jarrel, (y)(y)(y)this really helps ... as i'm currently offering A+, Network+, Cloud Essentials at my institute and planning to offer the above mentioned certifications training in near future.

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Thanks Jarrel, (y)(y)(y)this really helps ... as i'm currently offering A+, Network+, Cloud Essentials at my institute and planning to offer the above mentioned certifications training in near future.
    Glad to help.

Just remember that Cloud Essentials is different from Cloud+.
    Cloud Essentials is more on the business side. Good for business and management type of courses
    Whereas, Cloud+ is more tailored for techie courses (ICT, telecoms, etc)