CompTIA Xpert series certifications 2024

Rebranding an existing cert is risky at best. IT Project+ was rebranded Project+ to make it more inclusive of non-IT projects. CSA+ was rebranded CySA+, although I'm not sure why. I honestly don't see the value of rebranding CASP+ as SecurityX. And how will CloudNetX be that much different from Cloud+? How will DataX be significantly different from the existing Data+, DataSys+, and DataSci+?
I’d say they are trying to further leverage the word Security.

In other news, I will be pursuing SecurityX next year

Reactions: TraceyO
I think CompTia is charging $50 per year.
Maybe some of those CISSP holders are like me (retiring). Yesterday I received a reminder that I need to pay the $125 annual "maintenance fee" to retain my CISSP & CCSP certifications. I'm thinking the ROI on that expense doesn't make sense, so I'll let it go. The same it true for CompTIA certs (except for those "lifetime" certs).

I am not overjoyed either with the rebranding of CASP+ but I find that rebranding it to SecX is better than introducing another advanced security certification. Am I happy with the new name? Time will tell if people prefer to get SecX over getting CASP. ?

As for CySA+, as Andrew pointed out, CSA is already an acryonym used by EC-Council for their Certified SOC Analyst cert exam hence, the rebranding.
CSA also Cloud Security Alliance as Organisation...

Michael

Reactions: Jarrel