CompTIA Xpert series certifications 2024

Rebranding an existing cert is risky at best. IT Project+ was rebranded Project+ to make it more inclusive of non-IT projects. CSA+ was rebranded CySA+, although I'm not sure why. I honestly don't see the value of rebranding CASP+ as SecurityX. And how will CloudNetX be that much different from Cloud+? How will DataX be significantly different from the existing Data+, DataSys+, and DataSci+?
I’d say they are trying to further leverage the word Security.

In other news, I will be pursuing SecurityX next year

Reactions: TraceyO
I think CompTia is charging $50 per year.
Maybe some of those CISSP holders are like me (retiring). Yesterday I received a reminder that I need to pay the $125 annual "maintenance fee" to retain my CISSP & CCSP certifications. I'm thinking the ROI on that expense doesn't make sense, so I'll let it go. The same it true for CompTIA certs (except for those "lifetime" certs).

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
Germany
www.linkedin.com
I am not overjoyed either with the rebranding of CASP+ but I find that rebranding it to SecX is better than introducing another advanced security certification. Am I happy with the new name? Time will tell if people prefer to get SecX over getting CASP. 😅

As for CySA+, as Andrew pointed out, CSA is already an acryonym used by EC-Council for their Certified SOC Analyst cert exam hence, the rebranding.
CSA also Cloud Security Alliance as Organisation...

Michael

Reactions: Jarrel