Hi All,
I originally obtained my Security+ Certification in July 2020 with the SY0-501 version. Three years later, in 2023, I renewed it using the CertMaster CE product for security+ at the time. Now, it's renewal time again. I would like to ask some clarifications because some of the official info is a little conflicting.
In this information page about CertMaster CE:
www.comptia.org
It specifically mentions SY0-601 or earlier.
However, in the actual product page:
www.comptia.org
All the way to bottom where the CE Product is, there is no mention of or earlier. Only SY0-601 is mentioned by name.
Will I be able to renew my certification using the current CertMaster CE product for Security+? My expiration is on the 24th this July, but I can probably bang it out in a week. Just have to consider the purchase approval process in my company. Any clarifications are welcome.
I originally obtained my Security+ Certification in July 2020 with the SY0-501 version. Three years later, in 2023, I renewed it using the CertMaster CE product for security+ at the time. Now, it's renewal time again. I would like to ask some clarifications because some of the official info is a little conflicting.
In this information page about CertMaster CE:
Complete a CompTIA CertMaster CE Course | CompTIA
Renew with CompTIA CertMaster CE, an e-learning course, without having to take a new exam.
It specifically mentions SY0-601 or earlier.
However, in the actual product page:
Security+ (Plus) Certification | CompTIA
Build your cybersecurity career with CompTIA Security+. Take the retiring V7 exam or plan for Security+ V8 to develop skills in AI-related risks, security operations, and securing modern environments.
All the way to bottom where the CE Product is, there is no mention of or earlier. Only SY0-601 is mentioned by name.
Will I be able to renew my certification using the current CertMaster CE product for Security+? My expiration is on the 24th this July, but I can probably bang it out in a week. Just have to consider the purchase approval process in my company. Any clarifications are welcome.