SOC "Security Operations Center" in comptia tracks

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
www.kilala.nl
Of course SOC course that would satisfy requirements from different organizations is a very difficult but that does not mean no need of creating such a course
ec-council aready created one :

https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/...csa/#2--emphasizes-on-end-to-end-soc-workflow
What exactly is it in the ECC CSA that you like more than CySA+ at CompTIA? Both are targeted at certifying Security Analysts, working in SOCs. Which specific things do you feel CompTIA are skipping? That's something you can help out with, by becoming an SME for the next version of CySA+.

Me, I have vowed never to give money to ECC, ever again because of their business strategy and some rather dubious behavior the past years.

Reactions: Brian Ford

hosnypasha

Sep 9, 2020
What exactly is it in the ECC CSA that you like more than CySA+ at CompTIA? Both are targeted at certifying Security Analysts, working in SOCs. Which specific things do you feel CompTIA are skipping? That's something you can help out with, by becoming an SME for the next version of CySA+.

Me, I have vowed never to give money to ECC, ever again because of their business strategy and some rather dubious behavior the past years.
Course Outline

Module 1 – Security Operations and Management
Module 2 – Understanding Cyber Threats, IoCs, and Attack Methodology
Module 3 – Incidents, Events, and Logging
Module 4 – Incident Detection with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
Module 5 – Enhanced Incident Detection with Threat Intelligence
Module 6 – Incident Response

CYSA+ does not cover the aboove topics in depth ,of course Comptia is my first choice for trainig solutions that is why I am asking for creating a dedicated course for SOC by Comptia "it is just an idea"

You mean their history of plagarism and sexism?

admar

Jan 18, 2022
Luanda
@ Stephen I would like to know if there is a dedicated course in Comptia for SOC "Security Operations Center" like EC-Council ,if not what about creating such a new course
I think compTIA Security+, CySA+, PenTest+ certifications has full content for someone work in SOC. get this certification you will profit to SOC