Teachers and Certification results

We are an academic testing site. I was told there was a way for instructors to see result when an exam is taken.
Where do I find the instructions for obtaining the results? What do the students need to do? Thank you!
I do not think this is possible apart from the student manually reporting that back to the instructor or providing the code that validates the credential. PearsonVUE and CompTIA would keep that data pretty close to the vest and not share it with folks generally. That may be a question for someone like @Jill Thielmann, assuming the institution is a CAPP partner or something.

If you're a testing site, you should be able to connect with your Test Administrator to see who has tested. But as for how the student scored, pass/fail, I don't know if that information is specifically available.

But that's my 2¢, anyway...

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    I echo Rick's response.
    If the institution is an academic partner and a Pearson test centre as well, then it is possible that the institution would know how the student fared - whether pass/fail.

Usually, we just ask the student. If they pass, yay! if not, then I ask them that we review what domains they missed based on the report.

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
    Cleveland, Ohio
    We are an academic testing site. I was told there was a way for instructors to see result when an exam is taken.
    Where do I find the instructions for obtaining the results? What do the students need to do? Thank you!
    Instructors no. CompTIA partners who purchased the vouchers, yes. You'd have to talk to your Business Development Manager. There is a Voucher verification tool that you can look up individual vouchers to see if they have been used. I work for a commercial partner, so I'm not sure if academic partners are different.

Reactions: Jarrel

wonntann

Feb 2, 2023
    I agree with Abby. Reach out to you Business Development Manager to get connected with the certmetrics site. You will have to fill out an application and be verified as a partner. I am an academic partner with CompTIA.

In the certmetrics, you can verify which testing center and whether the individual passed, failed or was a no show.

I use the tool and it will give you either a pass or fail for the student. You will also get a date and time the exam was taken. They used to give you scores. However, I assume because of privacy issues, they have stopped doing that. I got access through our Director of Academics, whom I assume contacted our BDM.

Reactions: Jarrel