Upcoming CompTIA Certification Launches and CIN Webinars

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    So, there is a lot of talk about when the next TTT will be and when the certification launches. I want to work on getting product calendar posted in CIN Resources, however that will take some time. In the meantime, I wanted to post the upcoming launches and, therefore, the upcoming TTT series. Just remember these are approximate and depend on product development schedules, but this will give you a good idea of target launches.

Security+ SY0-701: Certification launches November 2023 (there will be a TTT series starting mid-October. More info coming soon!)
    DataX DY0-001: Certification launches Q1 2024 (CIN Sneak Peek November 2023)
    Network+ N10-009: Certification Launch Q2 2024 (CIN Sneak Peek late Q1 2024)

The following certifications will all be coming out the second half of 2024, so stay tuned for more information as it becomes available
    CloudNetX
    PenTest+
    SecurityX

I hope this helps as far as an outlook of what to look forward to in 2024! It will be a busy year!! Be sure to check back to the community for more updates!

Innocent V. Mulula

Nov 10, 2021
    So, there is a lot of talk about when the next TTT will be and when the certification launches. I want to work on getting product calendar posted in CIN Resources, however that will take some time. In the meantime, I wanted to post the upcoming launches and, therefore, the upcoming TTT series. Just remember these are approximate and depend on product development schedules, but this will give you a good idea of target launches.

Security+ SY0-701: Certification launches November 2023 (there will be a TTT series starting mid-October. More info coming soon!)

The following certifications will all be coming out the second half of 2024, so stay tuned for more information as it becomes available
    CloudNetX
    PenTest+
    SecurityX

I hope this helps as far as an outlook of what to look forward to in 2024! It will be a busy year!! Be sure to check back to the community for more updates!
    Thanks @Stephen Schneiter

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
    Cleveland, Ohio

CloudNetX
    PenTest+
    SecurityX

Didn't we just do PenTest+?! Is it time for it again already?

Thanks for the update @Stephen Schneiter ! You are fantastic and appreciated as always. No other certification governing body supports its trainers and partners like CompTIA does.

Is there any more talk about ITF+ or fundamental-level certifications? The ITF+ is in dire need of an update and there isn't anything on the market that compares that actually grants a certification.

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Didn't we just do PenTest+?! Is it time for it again already?

Thanks for the update @Stephen Schneiter ! You are fantastic and appreciated as always. No other certification governing body supports its trainers and partners like CompTIA does.

Is there any more talk about ITF+ or fundamental-level certifications? The ITF+ is in dire need of an update and there isn't anything on the market that compares that actually grants a certification.
    Yes, yes we did just do PenTest+. almost three years ago! Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin', into the future ... 🎶

Just think, this time next year we will talking about PenTest+ PT0-003 Sneak Peek!! 🤯 So, @Abby N Krane, you got ask yourself, "Do I wanna teach this TTT? Well, do ya?" 🤣

As for ITF+, first you will hear about the official name change to CompTIA Tech+ Then we will begin to see updates to the content in 2024, probably later in the year.

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Yes, yes we did just do PenTest+. almost three years ago! Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin', into the future ... 🎶

Just think, this time next year we will talking about PenTest+ PT0-003 Sneak Peek!! 🤯 So, @Abby N Krane, you got ask yourself, "Do I wanna teach this TTT? Well, do ya?" 🤣

As for ITF+, first you will hear about the official name change to CompTIA Tech+ Then we will begin to see updates to the content in 2024, probably later in the year.
    HA HA! You are funny @Stephen Schneiter! PenTest+ is out of my wheelhouse for sure. ITF+ (or soon-to-be Tech+) is more my speed. LOL, I teach ITF+ and A+ regularly, with a smattering of Network+ and Security+. I am mainly a Technical Program Manager now and have minions to teach. I still love teaching though.

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    HA HA! You are funny @Stephen Schneiter! PenTest+ is out of my wheelhouse for sure. ITF+ (or soon-to-be Tech+) is more my speed. LOL, I teach ITF+ and A+ regularly, with a smattering of Network+ and Security+. I am mainly a Technical Program Manager now and have minions to teach. I still love teaching though.
    OK, @Abby N Krane, I am making notes for the Tech+ Sneak Peek and TTT series! You just committed correct!! 😂

Joel M

Aug 7, 2019

CloudNetX
    PenTest+
    SecurityX

Looking forward to the new Sec+ and the other cool new offerings! Hope to be able to participate live 👍

PenTest+ again already?!?! /boggle It seems like only yesterday that I was teaching that TTT again. :) I'm curious about the CloudNetX and SecurityX - what the heck are those? I need to catch up lol.
    Wait...who are you again??

:p

The "X" certs are CompTIA's Expert series. So far, there are three that have been announced - SecurityX (I think I heard CASP's will gain this one), DataX, and CloudNetX.

I'm proposing that holders of all CompTIA Certs get the (un) official designation of CompTIA-X.

We'll have to come up with a uniform like this guy...

1694221581820.png

Last edited:

CloudNetX
    PenTest+
    SecurityX

Will be busy and having lots of fun 😊

Joel M

Aug 7, 2019
    Wait...who are you again??

:p

The "X" certs are CompTIA's Expert series. So far, there are three that have been announced - SecurityX (I think I heard CASP's will gain this one), DataX, and CloudNetX.

I'm proposing that holders of all CompTIA Certs get the (un) official designation of CompTIA-X.

We'll have to come up with a uniform like this guy...

View attachment 1453
    Kinda like the "CASP" , pinnacle, of those certs. Excited to learn more!

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Do we have official word that the CASP+ certification will automatically rebrand as SecurityX?
    Yes. It is official

Reference: https://www.comptia.org/certifications/xpert-series

Quote: CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is the expert version of CompTIA Security+ and will be re-branded to SecurityX , with the next exam version. This name change will not affect the status of current CASP+ certification holders and those with an active CASP+ certification will receive a SecurityX certification

p.s. I just learned that there are companies named SecurityX. I wonder if this will pose any issues, or if the companies will simply take the free advertisement, by having the same name for CompTIA's rebranded certification.
    See: https://www.securityx.ca/
    See: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ciso-securityx/about/

Joel M

Aug 7, 2019
    Yes. It is official

Reference: https://www.comptia.org/certifications/xpert-series

Quote: CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is the expert version of CompTIA Security+ and will be re-branded to SecurityX , with the next exam version. This name change will not affect the status of current CASP+ certification holders and those with an active CASP+ certification will receive a SecurityX certification

p.s. I just learned that there are companies named SecurityX. I wonder if this will pose any issues, or if the companies will simply take the free advertisement, by having the same name for CompTIA's rebranded certification.
    See: https://www.securityx.ca/
    See: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ciso-securityx/about/
    Kind of like when we put out "CSA+". I remember when we had to put the "y" in there to avoid further ramifications. 😬