What is the proof of being a Comptia Certified Instructor ?

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
Cleveland, Ohio
Most of cutomers in EMA looking for a clear certificate for the traininer ,I hope Comptia will take some action I belive it is an add value
What is EMA?

I have never had a prospective employer ask for training credentials on the commercial side or academic side. I have never had one even verify that my certifications are valid. I have had them ask me to teach things I do not feel qualified for, and I have turned them down. Once a prospective employer sees on my resume how long I have been teaching adults, even if it isn't CompTIA, that has been enough. If someone were to ask me about a clear certificate to be a trainer that is an indication they don't understand how the CompTIA certification process or how IT certifications really work. I'd probably choose not to teach for them because there would be other roadblocks and difficulties in the future. It is not like teaching grade school where you have to be a licensed teacher. I also hold an adult education teaching certificate from my state. To get it all I had to do was pay a fee. To me it is meaningless, but to publicly funded career centers it was a requirement.

hosnypasha

Sep 9, 2020
What is EMA?

I have never had a prospective employer ask for training credentials on the commercial side or academic side. I have never had one even verify that my certifications are valid. I have had them ask me to teach things I do not feel qualified for, and I have turned them down. Once a prospective employer sees on my resume how long I have been teaching adults, even if it isn't CompTIA, that has been enough. If someone were to ask me about a clear certificate to be a trainer that is an indication they don't understand how the CompTIA certification process or how IT certifications really work. I'd probably choose not to teach for them because there would be other roadblocks and difficulties in the future. It is not like teaching grade school where you have to be a licensed teacher. I also hold an adult education teaching certificate from my state. To get it all I had to do was pay a fee. To me it is meaningless, but to publicly funded career centers it was a requi

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Kindly if a customer of my Company asked for a proof of qualified instructor teaching Comptia products that she/he is recognized as a Certified Comptia Instructor what should be the answer please.
    :unsure:
    I echo what everyone else has already stated.
    You can either present your CTT+ and/or your certs from each qualification.

Contrary to one post, CTT+ is not yet retired. It will be retired, but not yet.

If the company is CompTIA-approved vendor, then they may show that to the client as well.
    Otherwise, kindly ask the client what proof they want to see.

If the client is still not convinced, then let go and let live. 😅
    We can't please everybody. hehehe

Reactions: ONN

Jwehrle

Staff member
    Nov 12, 2019
    So, it really depends on what you mean by "CompTIA Certified Instructor", because such a designation does not exist in the CompTIA world.

You can use Credly to display your badges, denoting you're a CompTIA Certified professional. You can earn the CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+), at least for this year.

But if your client is looking for some kind of designation that says that you are "certified to teach 'this-or-that' certification", I don't think you'll see that.

But here's the plus-side to this - if there is no certification or designation "CompTIA Certified Instructor for ______", well, your client can't ask it of you, right? You've done your due diligence in fulfilling the requirement, I'd think, if you have the cert.

As for CIN doing something, well, I'm not so sure CIN would be in the right place to do that. CIN's point is an information and resource sharing network.
    I am sure @Stephen Schneiter may have some additional thoughts, but being certified ad up-to-date on the CompTIA Cert that you are teaching is absolutely a great first step, in essence I agree with Rick's comments above

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    Wait... isn't having access to CIN validation that you can teach CompTIA material?
    No. At one point in time anyone and everyone could simply walk into CIN.

It's how I joined at the time. I hadn't taught a CompTIA class ever, at all, before joining CIN. But, that's years ago and now I've taught like four seasons of Linux+. :)

I echo what everyone else has already stated.
    You can either present your CTT+ and/or your certs from each qualification.

Contrary to one post, CTT+ is not yet retired. It will be retired, but not yet.

If the company is CompTIA-approved vendor, then they may show that to the client as well.
    Otherwise, kindly ask the client what proof they want to see.

If the client is still not convinced, then let go and let live. 😅
    We can't please everybody. hehehe
    If a client is asking for proof of someone being a CompTIA Certified Instructor, it may be a misunderstanding on their part.

You can be certified in a single subject, such as Network+ or PenTest+, but it won't make you a CompTIA Certified Instructor. It will make you CompTIA Certified.

You can be certified in CTT+, but it won't make you a CompTIA Certified Instructor. It will make you CompTIA Technical Trainer+ (CTT+) Certified.

You have have a certification in a single subject, multiple subjects, or all subjects AND have the CTT+, but it won't make you a CompTIA Certified Instructor. It will just make you certified in those areas.

It's possible the client just wants to know if you're certified in a particular subject and nothing more.

I think the answer very much depends o which country you are instructing in. Many UK institutions will accept an equivalent instructor qual from HP, Microsoft, AWS or they will accept formal governing body instructors such as military and civil teaching and instructional qualifications in lieu. So the reality is that unless you are joining a brand new institution then the question would be please tell me what the current instructors hold and you will accept in lieu.

In your position I would use the advice above which is the CTT has still got 6 months left to run. If you can get that then CompTIA have said it never needs renewing so in effect you will have a qual that at least formalised your ability to instruct/train on some level available in your Credly/acclaim portfolio.

Reactions: Jarrel