New Instructor Advice

I am trying to learn how CompTIA works and how to access material and if this is the better path forward for 21-22 school year.

Attend the various upcoming Train the Trainers (TTT), check out the Resources for past info and ask any question. Most do find the CompTIA pathway a great approach for younger students and there are a number of folks here experienced in teaching the material to younger students. Welcome!

Lee

Ray Boardman

Apr 21, 2021
Welcome new instructors! Whether you are a first time instructor or an instructor teaching CompTIA certs for the first time this community is here for you! This is a great place to ask any questions about content delivery, resources, certification or ... anything else. Need some advise or suggestions, this is the place to find some answers. Be sure to jump in and introduce yourself!
Hi all,

I am Ray and am an instructor in the MOD UK. This is my first post and it so happens that I need to ask a question.

I am about to purchase 'CertMaster Learn and CertMaster Labs for Server+ (Exam SK0-005)' for my students who are military personnel. Knowing these soldiers they will be focussing on the assessments (wrongly so) and I wish to preempt a question that is going to be 'fired' at me.

In the Assessments section is states '0 of 1' taken, however lower down it states 'Previous Score Reports'. Does this mean that the 93 question assessment can be reset and taken again? (Please see the pic for clarifiaction).

Many thanks for any/all assistance.
SK5Assessment.jpg

Jwehrle

Staff member
Nov 12, 2019
Hi all,

I am Ray and am an instructor in the MOD UK. This is my first post and it so happens that I need to ask a question.

I am about to purchase 'CertMaster Learn and CertMaster Labs for Server+ (Exam SK0-005)' for my students who are military personnel. Knowing these soldiers they will be focussing on the assessments (wrongly so) and I wish to preempt a question that is going to be 'fired' at me.

In the Assessments section is states '0 of 1' taken, however lower down it states 'Previous Score Reports'. Does this mean that the 93 question assessment can be reset and taken again? (Please see the pic for clarifiaction).

Many thanks for any/all assistance.
View attachment 526
Hi Ray and apologies for the late response. As we refresh certifications we also look to refresh some of the features that we have identified as needs within the platform, especially when requested by our Partners. This indeed will allow you to not only take the Final Assessment multiple times, but also record each attempt. This will only appear in newer or refreshed certifications as of 2021, but as time goes in you will see this with ALL products. Any further questions please let me know!

NikkiH

• Sep 30, 2021
    I am a new instructor. I will be designing a course for HS and MS teachers to learn the basics of Cybersecurity and then continue to prepare for the Security+ exam. Teachers are being "voluntold" to teach a cybersecurity class with little to no background. High schools want their students to earn a Security+ certification. A FEW states require the teacher to earn the certification before they can teach the class. So my course will also include the basics of a network and how it works and more. I will be including the Security+ objectives plus the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills for Cybersecurity classes and Cyber.org's K12 Cybersecurity Learning Standards. It is being developed on Canvas and I hope to integrate CertMaster into the course. Hands on resources will be a must for the teachers. Teachers will have access to a cyber range AND CertMaster labs.
    Any suggestions or advice is always appreciated.

I am a new instructor. I will be designing a course for HS and MS teachers to learn the basics of Cybersecurity and then continue to prepare for the Security+ exam. Teachers are being "voluntold" to teach a cybersecurity class with little to no background. High schools want their students to earn a Security+ certification. A FEW states require the teacher to earn the certification before they can teach the class. So my course will also include the basics of a network and how it works and more. I will be including the Security+ objectives plus the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills for Cybersecurity classes and Cyber.org's K12 Cybersecurity Learning Standards. It is being developed on Canvas and I hope to integrate CertMaster into the course. Hands on resources will be a must for the teachers. Teachers will have access to a cyber range AND CertMaster labs.
    Any suggestions or advice is always appreciated.
    I am teaching a college course this fall that is a dual enrollment course, with most students currently in high school. The class is designed to utilize CompTIA Security+ learning content (specifically their student guide and their labs). With the help of a couple of CIN members, we've developed the course in a Canvas environment. Please go to the model course Canvas site at the link below and register as a student to see the content:

Once enrolled I can raise your status to the teacher level. That will enable you to download a Canvas exportable file and you can import it into your Canvas environment. Key features are the links to Professor Messer's videos, the inclusion of CSSIA Interactives, and the inclusion of TryHackMe labs. If you have any additional questions, reach out to me at [email protected].

NikkiH

• Sep 30, 2021
    I am teaching a college course this fall that is a dual enrollment course, with most students currently in high school. The class is designed to utilize CompTIA Security+ learning content (specifically their student guide and their labs). With the help of a couple of CIN members, we've developed the course in a Canvas environment. Please go to the model course Canvas site at the link below and register as a student to see the content:

Once enrolled I can raise your status to the teacher level. That will enable you to download a Canvas exportable file and you can import it into your Canvas environment. Key features are the links to Professor Messer's videos, the inclusion of CSSIA Interactives, and the inclusion of TryHackMe labs. If you have any additional questions, reach out to me at [email protected].
    Thank you! This a awesome!

Reactions: Hod Berman
    Nikki, I've elevated you to the "teacher" role. Let me know if there is anything else you need. I'm working on a similar effort that is aligned with the ITF+ certification. Currently placing their labs into the grant created content (public domain) that a group of us (me, two full-time community college faculty, and a high school teacher) created a couple of years ago that's mapped to the current ITF+ exam.

NikkiH

• Sep 30, 2021
    Nikki, I've elevated you to the "teacher" role. Let me know if there is anything else you need. I'm working on a similar effort that is aligned with the ITF+ certification. Currently placing their labs into the grant created content (public domain) that a group of us (me, two full-time community college faculty, and a high school teacher) created a couple of years ago that's mapped to the current ITF+ exam.
    Thank you.

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    You. Are. Awesome.

Sharing this work so freely is beyond what most would ever consider.

What "floats my boat" evidences itself in a page from a book written by the former Vice-Chancellor of the California Community College System. The bottom line is we need to focus on drawing potential students to the fields of IT and cybersecurity.
    vtq1.PNG