CompTIA is excited to kick off refreshes to learning content for PenTest+ and SecurityX (formerly CASP+) in the new year and would be very interested in hearing any feedback you have on these certifications, the associated learning products and your experiences with them in the classroom.
If you have recently taught PenTest+ please provide feedback here.
If you have recently taught CASP+ please provide feedback here.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!!
Recently I checked CompTIA courses are available to Linkedin Learning any one notice it?
I am wondering how will it fit into Instructors eco system and how can Comptia Certfied Instructors can help those linkedin learners?
Are you a changemaker?
If you are someone who sees the potential in people, and who believes that everyone, given the right tools and support, can thrive, then you’re in the right place. At Momentum, we are committed to building a society where everyone belongs. Where we are all valued for who we are and where we are all given the tools and opportunities to build the life we want. We value diversity, and we believe everyone has a role to play in building a just and equitable society. We’re changemakers transforming our community for the good of all.
What you’ll be doing:
Momentum is building up its offering of tech training programs as a path towards empowering those from under-represented groups to cross the digital divide and land careers in Tech.
We are seeking out an engaging instructor to help students (12-15 students per cohort) to prepare for the Comptia A+ examinations (220-1101, 220-1102).
Our hope is the successful candidate will be able to deliver classes live and in-person. However, we are open to an instructor who can provide live remote instruction if we can’t find a candidate in the Calgary area.
You will be required to bring your own curriculum and instruction materials to support students to pass their certification exams.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Deliver engaging, adult-learner focused instruction to help learners pass certification exams.
• Prepare curriculum materials that can be accessed through Momentum’s Learning Management System (D2L).
• Monitor participant attendance and report all absences/irregularities to program staff.
• Communicate participant progress to program staff and collaborate on any additional support participants may require.
• Attend planning and consultative meetings with department staff as needed.
Who we’re looking for:
• You are great at explaining technical concepts in a way students can understand.
• You are passionate about working with diverse learners as they launch careers in tech.
• You have experience developing lesson plans to meet the needs of adult learners.
• You have experience in preparing students to take certification exams.
• A degree, diploma, certificate, or a professional designation in a related field (Information technology, computer science etc.).
• 3+ years of professional experience in the IT industry.
• At least 1 year experience or hold a training certificate in adult education.
• Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, facilitation, and communication skills.
• You have experience with classroom management and individual learning support.
• We are requiring the IT Instructor for 7 weeks between February 26, 2024 – April 12, 2024.
• The IT Instructor will facilitate classes for 20-30hrs/week (Monday to Friday, 9-12pm, 1pm-4pm).
Please forward resume with cover letter via e-mail to: [email protected]. Applicants must state salary expectations in their cover letter.
State competition number (MOM1101) in subject line of email.
Please see job posting attachment for further information. This thread will not be monitored.
BrianFord, As I have full time day job, I was not able to participate in the "live" sessions (I teach night classes). Thank you for the information, the whole series was presented very well, your modified presentation material provided thoughts for my version.
Hello Everyone!! Are you coming to ACTE CareerTech Vision Nov. 29-Dec. 1 in sunny warm Phoenix, AZ? If so, I want to invite you to join us for a focus group/meetup reception on Wednesday Nov, 29th 4:00-5:30pm. We want your feedback to help provide direction on what CompTIA products and services offered through CIN will look like in the coming years. Whether you have been using TestOut products, CompTIA CertMaster solutions, or training CompTIA products in another manner your input will be valuable! Please join us for this time to network, enjoy refreshments and share your feedback.